About Our Chocolatier – Guy Debbas
Guy Debbas studied Food Science at California State University, Fresno. While completing graduate school he contributed a thesis on ice cream production and another on agriculture self-sufficiency in Lebanon, which was published in An-Nahar. For the past 30 years, Guy has been working in the chocolate arena doing product development, marketing, and sales. Currently, he heads his company, G.Debbas Chocolatier, an innovative venture into the art of handcrafted artisan chocolates.
Guy and his products have been the subject of many published articles and many of his products have graced the covers of several industry magazines, such as MC Manufacturing, Coffee & Tea, Parade, and Martha Stewart Living Magazine. In 2005, Guy was named “Chocolate Trend Setter” by Candy Industry, as he has always been at the forefront of innovation. Most notably, he was the first to introduce “chocolate truffles” to the United States, bringing his international food knowledge to the US market. Guy was also voted by his peers to be the best chocolate innovator in the industry (2001) and was asked to be a guest speaker at the Natural Food Show, presenting on “The Real Challenge of Functional Confections” (2005). G.Debbas was awarded THE BEST PRODUCT LINE IN THE U.S.A. for three consecutive years: 2007,2008 and 2009. With his international experience, education and years of success in the industry, Guy Debbas and G.Debbas Chocolatier are the future of chocolate.
Guy Debbas and his gourmet chocolates have won numerous awards and have been featured in many of the industries leading publications.
Here is a sample of the accolades that Guy and his crew of artisan chocolatiers are proud of:
- Formulation of California State University, Fresno’s Award winning ice-cream (1980).
- Formulated the Debbas blend of base chocolate that is produced by Schokinag in Germany and in 2009 with Kokoa Berlin.
- De Bas Chocolates Inc. – 1983 to 2004
- Nordstrom’s Traditional Truffle
- Macy’s – Created and Produced Macy’s private label European truffles (1985-1989).
- Wine Filled Chocolate – The only non-sugar coated liquid wine filled chocolate in the world. This product is sold throughout the US, Canada, and Japan.
- Best Selling chocolate in Napa-Sonoma wineries since 1987.
- “Sophia” – A caramelized champagne chocolate cork created for Francis Ford Coppola Winery.
- “Chocolati Biscotti” – The original crushed biscotti infused in a chocolate triangle shape.
- “Chocolati Tartini” – Created to compliment coffee, was voted The Best New Product in 2004 at the Coffee and Tea show.
- Laura Secord – Helped their marketing team and created 26 new products sold across Canada.
- Whole Foods – Created six nutritional and energy bars for the company’s private label “365.” Three of which are currently on shelves.
- International Japan Senka – Created the “Fresh Truffle” for Senka.
- The #1 selling truffle in Japan in 2002.
- Martha Stewart – Martha Stewart selected Debbas’s tumbled chocolate pear for her wedding issue of Martha Stewart Living Magazine. It was used in photography as well in the editors own wedding.
- Sugar Free – Developed a full line of sugar free products (tumbled chocolates, truffles, chocolate bars) for Susanne Sommers.
- Monterey Bay Chocolate – Formulated a line of maple caramel gourmet creme chocolates (2007).
- Joined with Bouquet of Fruits – 2007 to 2009
- CHOXIE – in 2007 created 180 different truffles for Target Stores.
- Wall Street Journal – “Best Overall and Best Value” for the wine filled chocolates.
- Endangered Species Chocolate – Created this #1 selling chocolate bar.
- Formed G.Debbas Chocolatier inc.
- Americas Best Food Show – Awarded Best Product Line Overall (2007,2008,2009).
- Designed and Produced “Smoothie” bars for Target (2009).
- Created GoPure foods – A healthy indulgence division of G.Debbas.
- Fresh and Easy – Created and currently producing their chocolate program; 20 different products.
- ECRM- Kids Choice Award
- Candy Industry- Best New Chocolate
- Fresno Food Expo – Top 10 New Products
- Guy’s life story was published in the book, “COURAGE”